Hardware users feedback database

Brandon Philips brandon at ifup.org
Tue Jan 27 16:27:01 UTC 2009

On 10:36 Sun 02 Nov 2008, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> Create a database with which Linux users of a hardware device can
> register. This database then can be used by the Linux Driver Project
> devs to get feedback about a hardware device driver from people who
> are actually using the device.

After a new install both Fedora and openSUSE allow users to opt-in to
Smolts[1] which collects information on hardware, collects it in a
central db and asks for user feedback.

However, I find it a bit suprising that they don't provide statistics on
the top "not working" hardware.

Cheers,

	Brandon

[1] http://smolts.org