HP Visualize FX10 graphics

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Jan 24 00:48:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 10:57:44AM +0530, Shashikiran Ganesh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The HP VIsualize FX10 graphics accelerator has linux support but the
> last supported version dates from the days of RedHat 7.2  (see link
> below)
> I am currently using the system with redhat 7.3 on the HP Visualize PL
> workstation (1GHz dual CPU with 2GB RAM).
>
> The link to the HP fx5/fx10 Xserver, OpenGL, device driver and kernel
> module is below:
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=wk258mu&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
>
> Would be nice if the driver could be updated to the 2.6 series.
> However, it uses HP's Xhp graphics server in addition and I am not
> sure if that would work in the 2.6 series.  HP themselves have not
> responded to requests for updates/more information.

As this is going to require more work than just a kernel driver, and the
company doesn't seem to support this anymore, it is going to be a very
hard product to get working.

Do you know of any X developers that would be also willing to help out
with this?

Do you know why HP hasn't just done this work already?  Or is it an
abandonded product?  If the company doesn't care anymore, there is very
little incentive for us to also care :(