Driver for the gpr400 PCMCIA smart card reader

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Fri Aug 15 11:40:49 UTC 2008

Hello.

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 15:19, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 12:46:10AM +0200, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have this PCMCIA smart card reader sitting on my desk for quite some time now.
> >
> > I found a 2.4 driver for it, some patched version for 2.6 and made myself some
> > changes to catch up with PCMCIA API changes in 2.6.13(?)
> >
> > You can find the stuff here:
> >
> > http://svn.datenfreihafen.org/gpr400/
> >
> > I was not able to get a datasheet for it, so the 2.4 driver is the only
> > reference for it.
> >
> > If someone is interested, let me know an address and I'll send it over.
>
> Did you get any responses from this?

No.

> Is it a device that is still manufactured?

I can just guess, and my best guess would be that it is not. One site that sells
them have them listed as "Condition	New, old stock"
http://www.microassociates.net/gemplus/gpr-400.html

I can't find much other sides selling them either.

Perhaps it is just not worth the work to write a working driver for it. If
nobody is interested I'm fine with dumping it on ebay or the electronic garbage
collection next time.

I just remembered that I wanted to write a driver for it a long time already and
decided that it will not happen. At least not from my side.

regards
Stefan Schmidt