Free Linux Driver Developer program

Benoit Donnette bdonnette at linagora.com
Thu Apr 3 05:33:46 UTC 2008

> Greetings!
> I'm representing of close joint-stock company
> "Rudnev-Shiliaev"
>  (www.rudshel.com). Our company is developer and
> manufacturer of DAQ
>  boards, ADC and DAC devices. We would like support Linux
> platform with
>  our devices, and interesting about of Free Linux Driver
> Developer program.
>
> With this letter we have attached necessary information
> about one of our devices. If you have questions I will glad
> to answer you.
> Thank you beforehand for you cooperation.
> Looking forward to you answer.

This sounds definately a good initiative from you. The basic information
is there and a very basic driver could be written.

Note however that little information is provided about the way your device
is supposed to be used. More precisely, no example sequence is provided. I
suspect that such a high frequency DAC-ADC device has to be driven
carefully, we cannot afford a high, real-time traffic reaching a peak
500kHz sampling frequency at 12 bits, ie 6Mb/s, in a per-sample transfer :
no USB 1.1 link would be able to follow, and it would do your device no
justice.

In a word, we'd be delighted to have a few more information here. Namely,
how the device is supposed to be used (example sequence of a low and high
speed sampling operation, even as a sketch transfer, would be great).

Thanks in advance.

--
Benoît Donnette - Expert TM2L/OSSA - www.08000linux.com
LINAGORA - 27 rue de Berri - 75008 PARIS