Marketing material/strategy

Mauricio Mauad Menegaz Filho mmauad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 21:34:44 UTC 2007

Hi all!

After reading some mails about this subject, showing the results for
both technical and business guys in the company I work for, I realized
some facts (some of then already pointed out by Roel):

1- the two-pager looks fine for technical people
2- the two-pager looks long for business people
3- the two-pager brings too much information for business people
    since that they will forward the e-mail for his first technical head
    if the thing matters (i.e. he will not access us via e-mail,
jabber, et cetera)
4- secretaries deletes .pdf attachments usually
5- secretaries actually like to buy stuff (and show their bosses what they
    like to buy)

Based on this, I'd sketched a rough draft of a one page document
-- using our oss spirit and borrowing some stuff from the two pager
to not reinvent the wheel --, aimed for quick reading. Some key words
as _competitive_, a cool "open source ready" found on the web label,
and a tour de france bike competition (also found on the web and without
any copyright info) were used after some research with "secretary mail filters".

I think that we can adopt a twofold marketing strategy, since that
the business layer must approve business info disclosure anyway.
On the other side, we must have a strategy focusing the technical
people (those strongly involved into making things happen on the
ongoing process of driver development).

As anything around here should (and seems to) be, feel free to
suggest, attack, change, and even accept the idea as is (perhaps not a
good idea!).

The one-pager is on the marketing materials wiki:

http://linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/MarketingMaterials

---mauad