Promotional two-pager

Peter W. Morreale pmorreale at novell.com
Wed Oct 24 15:55:17 UTC 2007

Josef,

Great job.  One comment.  The sentence:

"You won't need to hire programmers and if you supply test devices, the
Linux Driver Development Project obviates your need for an elaborate and
expensive testing team."

Is a bit much.  Whether a company decides, on its own, that the above is
true, is completely up to them.  For us to make such an assertion is,
well, seemingly naive.

Whenever I see comments like the above, I always ask myself the used-car
question:  "Would I buy a used car from that person?"  :-)

Can we be a very significant part?  Absolutely.  I would change it to
something more like:

"You won't need to hire or re-train additional programmers and if you
supply test devices, the Linux Driver Development Project can provide an
initial high quality software driver that meets or exceeds current
kernel standards."

Something like that.

Great job on this.

Best,