[resend with no HTML] minor bug report in staging/vc04_services/

Marcelo Diop-Gonzalez marcelo827 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:30:29 UTC 2020

Hi, I noticed couple minor bugs while looking around in
drivers/staging/vc04_services/*:

1. When opening "/dev/vchiq", vchiq_debugfs_add_instance() adds a debugfs
directory named after the tgid of the process who opened the file. But
there are collisions if you try opening it multiple times from the same
process.

2. In vchiq_dump_platform_instances(), called from vchiq_read(), each
instance's ->mark member is used to track whether it's been printed
already, but two concurrent readers could stomp on each other (causing one
of them to see fewer instances than actually exist), since a field in the
vchiq_instance struct itself is being modified with no
locking/synchronization

I didn't want to send any patches out since I'm not sure if/how people
would want to fix these, but thought I'd point them out.

Thanks,

-Marcelo