[PATCH v5 0/8] staging: kpc2000: another batch of fixes
jeremy at azazel.net
Tue May 21 07:56:27 UTC 2019
There are a number relating to device attributes, one formatting patch,
and another that changes how card numbers are assigned.
Greg reckoned that the changes to the code in the attribute call-backs
that gets the struct kpc2000 object from the struct device object were
broken. I've reviewed them and split them into two patches because I
was doing two different things in the previous patch. I *think* they
are correct, but I've moved them to the end of the series in case I
really have just got the wrong end of the stick, so they can easily be
Jeremy Sowden (8):
staging: kpc2000: added separate show functions for kpc_uio_class
device attributes, defined them as read-only and declared them
staging: kpc2000: removed two kpc_uio_class device attributes.
staging: kpc2000: improved formatting of core.c.
staging: kpc2000: added a helper to get struct kp2000_device from
staging: kpc2000: added separate show functions for readable kp device
attributes, defined them as read-only, and declared them static.
staging: kpc2000: use IDA to assign card numbers.
staging: kpc2000: simplified kp2000_device retrieval in device
staging: kpc2000: removed superfluous NULL checks from device
drivers/staging/kpc2000/TODO | 1 -
drivers/staging/kpc2000/kpc2000/cell_probe.c | 123 ++-
drivers/staging/kpc2000/kpc2000/core.c | 859 ++++++++++--------
.../staging/kpc2000/kpc2000/kp2000_module.c | 1 +
drivers/staging/kpc2000/kpc2000/pcie.h | 9 +-
5 files changed, 558 insertions(+), 435 deletions(-)
* rebased on to staging-next to pick up Greg's most recent changes.
* made a few changes to some commit messages.
* sent out the right versions of the patches.
* added the formatting patch for core.c and folded the kp device
attribute formatting fixes into it;
* added the patch that introduces get_pcard();
* added missing clean-up of IDA and reworded the commit message;
* split the patch that simplified the retrieval of struct
kp2000_device from struct dev in the show call-backs into two, and
moved them to the end of the series.
* dropped the white-space patch since Greg has applied it;
* added a reported-by tag to patch that drops two attributes;
* merged the patches that declared attributes static with the ones
that split up the show call-backs;
* moved the attribute definitions next to their call-backs;
* moved the patch that fixed the card-number race to the end of the
* use an IDA to fix the card-number race, not an atomic_t.
* merged the DEVICE_ATTR_RO patches with the ones that split up the
* converted the show call-backs to use sprintf, instead of scnprintf.
More information about the devel