[RFC] simple_lmk: Introduce Simple Low Memory Killer for Android

Sultan Alsawaf sultan at kerneltoast.com
Wed May 15 18:52:57 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 02:32:48PM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> I'm confused why you did this?

Oleg said that debug_locks_off() could've been called and thus prevented
lockdep complaints about simple_lmk from appearing. To eliminate any possibility
of that, I disabled debug_locks_off().

Oleg also said that __lock_acquire() could return early if lock debugging were
somehow turned off after lockdep reported one bug. To mitigate any possibility
of that as well, I threw in the BUG_ON() for good measure.

I think at this point it's pretty clear that lockdep truly isn't complaining
about simple_lmk's locking pattern, and that lockdep's lack of complaints isn't
due to it being mysteriously turned off...

Sultan