[REGRESSION] Xorg segfaults on Asus Chromebook CP101 with Linux v5.2 (was Asus C101P Chromeboot fails to boot with Linux 5.2)

Alex Dewar alex.dewar at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jul 13 11:38:45 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I initially thought my machine was failing to boot entirely, but it
turns out it was just failing to start the display manager. I managed to
escape to a tty by hammering the keyboard a bit.

I suspect the culprit is the rockchip_vpu driver (in staging/media),
which has been renamed to hantro in this merge window. When I run startx
from a terminal, X fails to start and Xorg segfaults (log here:
http://users.sussex.ac.uk/~ad374/xorg.log). X seems to work without any
issues in v5.1.

I've also tried running trace on the Xorg process, but the output was
pretty verbose. I can share if that would be helpful though.

Best,
Alex