ipu3-imgu 0000:00:05.0: required queues are disabled

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Mon Jan 28 08:48:38 UTC 2019

Hi Kai-Heng,

On 27/01/2019 05:56, Kai-Heng Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a bug report [1] that the ipu3 doesn’t work.
> Does ipu3 need special userspace to work?

Yes, it will need further userspace support to configure the pipeline,
and to provide 3A algorithms for white balance, focus, and exposure
times to the sensor.

We are developing a stack called libcamera [0] to support this, but it's
still in active development and not yet ready for use. Fortunately
however, IPU3 is one of our primary initial targets.

[0] https://www.libcamera.org/

> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1812114

I have reported similar information to the launchpad bug entry.

It might help if we can get hold of a Dell 7275 sometime although I
think Mauro at least has one ?

If this is a priority for Canonical, please contact us directly.

--
Regards

Kieran