feedback on mainlining wilc1000 staging driver

Kalle Valo kvalo at codeaurora.org
Thu Aug 23 11:07:45 UTC 2018

Ajay Singh <ajay.kathat at microchip.com> writes:

>> > For brcm80211 drivers we used a single patch introducing it under
>> > the wireless drivers folder. Because it was quite a sizable patch we
>> > parked it on the wireless wiki page. Had a few iterations doing it
>> > like that.
>>
>> Another option is to split it so that there's one patch per file,
>> should be even pretty easy to automate that. It's just so much easier
>> to comment on a patch submitted by email compared to the reviewer
>> manually copying code and then commenting it, yuck.
>>

> Sure. I will prepare a patch per file send for review as its easy to
> review.
>
> As Greg suggested, I will wait for the merge window to close and
> after completing pending patches to staging, I will start the review.
>
> For my understanding, the patches for review will be based on
> wireless-testing branch.

In this case I think wireless-drivers-next is the safest choise,
wireless-testing also has other trees which might cause conflicts etc.

> And the fixes will be submitted to staging tree in parallel. right?

I don't think the fixes matter in the initial review. So yeah, Greg can
apply fixes as he sees fit for now. At some point we need to do a cut
off period and freeze the driver for the last review round before it
will be (hopefully) moved to drivers/net/wireless, but let's coordinate
with Greg once we are at that stage.

--
Kalle Valo