Destaging most drivers

Christian Gromm christian.gromm at microchip.com
Fri Oct 20 15:33:18 UTC 2017

On 20.10.2017 16:50, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On 20 October 2017 at 14:35, Christian Gromm
> <christian.gromm at microchip.com> wrote:
>> Hi Prasanna,
>>
>> the reason why the TODO file doesn't list anything, is because by
>> the time we initially committed the driver upstream, we didn't know
>> what work is really necessary to move the sources out of staging.
>> (We would love to see this file being touched, btw)
>
> Do you have any to do items already? Given the drivers are used in
> automotive industry not many community members will have access to the
> hardware or software to work on this. So community can help only when
> missing things are known.

Besides integrating the driver into the device model, I don't have
any other input. One thing, though, might be where the different modules
are supposed to be moved one day?
Should they stick around in one directory (like today) should they be
split? If yes, how? I ain't sure.

I don't expect the community to help fix MOST Technology related
issues, unless they have deep knowledge about it. This kind of
input we get from our customers already using the driver or from
our test Dept. that is running regression test on it.

This is more about meta advice about violated rules with respect to
writing kernel drivers or plain C defects (decoupled from the underlying
technology).

regards,
Chris