Destaging most drivers

PrasannaKumar Muralidharan prasannatsmkumar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:50:36 UTC 2017

Hi Christian,

On 20 October 2017 at 14:35, Christian Gromm
<christian.gromm at microchip.com> wrote:
> Hi Prasanna,
>
> the reason why the TODO file doesn't list anything, is because by
> the time we initially committed the driver upstream, we didn't know
> what work is really necessary to move the sources out of staging.
> (We would love to see this file being touched, btw)

Do you have any to do items already? Given the drivers are used in
automotive industry not many community members will have access to the
hardware or software to work on this. So community can help only when
missing things are known.

> That's why the file only mentions that the sources need to be reviewed
> by Greg.
>
> We try to fix up things step by step. And the next step is (besides
> functional fixes) to clean up the driver's appearance in the source
> tree and to make use of the kernel's device model, which we currently
> ignore. That's the patch set Greg is mentioning.

Got that.

Thanks,
PrasannaKumar