staging: fsl-mc-bus: using MSI?

Randy Dunlap rdunlap at infradead.org
Wed Oct 18 19:31:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have seen a few randconfig builds where FSL_MC_BUS is enabled.
This selects GENERIC_MSI_IRQ_DOMAIN -- even if CONFIG_PCI and
CONFIG_PCI_MSI are not enabled.  (This is with COMPILE_TEST enabled.)

I see in the README.txt file that the DPAA2/MC does use some kind of
message interrupts.

Several of the source files #include <linux/msi.h>.
I guess that these files get whatever they need from <linux/msi.h>
even though several of the CONFIG_ options are not enabled.

Anyway, having GENERIC_MSI_IRQ_DOMAIN enabled without CONFIG_PCI and
CONFIG_PCI_MSI causes a couple of build errors -- with COMPILE_TEST.

../kernel/irq/msi.c: In function 'msi_domain_alloc_irqs':
../kernel/irq/msi.c:356:19: error: storage size of 'arg' isn't known
  msi_alloc_info_t arg;
                   ^

../drivers/base/platform-msi.c:37:19: error: field 'arg' has incomplete type
  msi_alloc_info_t arg;
                   ^

~Randy