[PATCH v6 0/2] staging: ion: get one device per heap
benjamin.gaignard at linaro.org
Mon Nov 6 15:59:43 UTC 2017
- add an ION bus so heap are show as devices in /sys/bus/ion/
instead of platform bus.
- split the patch in two: one for include reordering and one
for per heap device change
- rebased on top of next-2017110 tag
- create a configuration flag to keep legacy Ion misc device
- add a configuration flag to switch between legacy Ion misc device
and one device per heap version.
This change has been suggested after Laura talks at XDC 2017.
- change ion_device_add_heap prototype to return a possible error.
- simplify ioctl check like propose by Dan
- make sure that we don't register more than ION_DEV_MAX heaps.
Until now all ion heaps are addressing using the same device "/dev/ion".
This way of working doesn't allow to give access rights (for example with
SElinux rules) per heap.
This series propose to have one device "/dev/ionX" per heap.
Query heaps informations will be possible on each device node but
allocation request will only be possible if heap_mask_id match with device minor number.
Using legacy Ion misc device is still by setting ION_LEGACY_DEVICE_API
Benjamin Gaignard (2):
staging: ion: reorder include
staging: ion: create one device entry per heap
drivers/staging/android/TODO | 1 -
drivers/staging/android/ion/Kconfig | 7 +++
drivers/staging/android/ion/ion-ioctl.c | 18 +++++++-
drivers/staging/android/ion/ion.c | 76 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
drivers/staging/android/ion/ion.h | 15 ++++++-
5 files changed, 98 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
More information about the devel