[PATCH v2 0/4] Convert greybus loopback to core async API
pure.logic at nexus-software.ie
Mon Nov 6 01:26:07 UTC 2017
- Added Reviewed-by Johan for patch #3
- Added fix for mutex hold duration.
Johan mentioned the holding of this across a gb_operation_send() call.
Looking at this it shows a bug that crept in between two commits detailed
in patch#1 here.
- Split a separate bugfix from Mitch which had been squashed into an old
patch from nearly a year ago
- Added Mitch to the cc list
- Depends on Arnd Bermann's patch
"staging: greybus/loopback: use ktime_get() for time intervals"
dbec27298b0d ('staging: greybus: operation: add generic timeout support')
gives the ability to remove lots of the asynchronous operation code in
Kees is also doing a cleanup of timer code which for loopback will go away
when converting to the core API.
These two patches kill two birds with err, two stones (no aggression to
birds intended) namely:
- Converting over to the core asynchronous API
- Getting rid of the timer code in loopback which will unblock what Kees is
Bryan O'Donoghue (4):
staging: greybus: loopback: Hold per-connection mutex across
staging: greybus: loopback: Fix iteration count on async path
staging: greybus: operation: add private data with get/set accessors
staging: greybus: loopback: convert loopback to use generic async
drivers/staging/greybus/loopback.c | 176 +++++++-----------------------------
drivers/staging/greybus/operation.h | 13 +++
2 files changed, 46 insertions(+), 143 deletions(-)
More information about the devel