[patch v2 0/3] staging: speakup: support more than ttyS*

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 08:58:25 UTC 2017

Hi,

The patchset now contains a separate patch for dev name-to-number
conversion functionality inside tty_io.c.

These patches extend speakup support to ttyUSB* and lp*. They introduce
a new module param dev whose function is similar to ser but instead of
taking serial port number as argument, it takes strings like ttyS0 or
ttyUSB0.

Patch 1 adds functionality to convert such strings into dev_t.
Patch 2 uses the function in patch 1 and performs some checks.
Patch 3 adds new module param and actually extends support to more than
ttyS*.

Samuel, I have kept the Reviewed-by for patch 3 which has slightly
changed from before - 'dev' renamed to 'dev_name' - but not for patch 2
which is a bit different now that dev name to number conversion has
moved to tty_io.c. Please let me know if you think otherwise.

Thanks,
Okash