Send a large patch right now or is it better to do it later?

Marcus Wolf marcus.wolf at wolf-entwicklungen.de
Fri Jul 28 15:16:56 UTC 2017

Hi Greg,

according to the proposals of Walter Harms, I revised the rf69.c: I replaced
some macros with inline functions and removed some obsolete ifdefs. According to
walter this will improve the resource situation. In addition the readybility is
enhanced, since lines got shorter. It's a quite big change, that touched nearly
every function in that file.
I was testing the new code for a while now and did not observer a problem so
far. But I don't have a kind of unit test, so my tests for sure didn't cover
everything.

Is it a good time, to submit such a change in these days, or is it prefrable to
submit it later?
In adition, I am a bit afraid of my current mailtool doing something
unexpected...

If you like, I can give it a try!

Cheers,

Marcus
P.S. Can you process diffs fom SVN, too, or is it mandatory to create the diff
with git?