[RFC] Staging: goldfish_audio.c: Modify goldfish audio driver to use ALSA framework

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Feb 22 17:34:53 UTC 2016

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 10:50:09PM +0530, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan wrote:
> Tried testing this with Android user space. But it did not work as the
> user space HAL layer does not use ALSA by default.

Ok, that's going to be a big problem.  If Android isn't using ALSA, then
there really isn't a need to change this to the ALSA interface, right?
If you were to convert this, they couldn't use this code and so would
always patch out your change :(

Please work with the Android team to figure out if they are switching to
ALSA or not for Goldfish to see if this is going to be acceptable.