move hyperv CHANNELMSG_UNLOAD from crashed kernel to kdump kernel

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Thu Dec 15 15:16:46 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 15, Vitaly Kuznetsov wrote:
> -> K. Y., but these words were written before I implemented
> vmbus_wait_for_unload(), to me they just explain how we read messages.

Another question for KY:
In my testing, while busy-looping in vmbus_wait_for_unload, I see a few
"message_type==1, hdr->msgtype==2" in the hv_context.synic_message_page
of the cpu which will deliver CHANNELMSG_UNLOAD_RESPONSE.
These values are not listed in their enum lists. Any idea what these
values mean?

Olaf