staging: unisys: Convert bus functions to pass bus_info pointer around

Don Zickus dzickus at redhat.com
Fri May 29 02:02:56 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 07:02:51PM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> Hello Don Zickus,
>
> This is a semi-automatic email about new static checker warnings.
>
> The patch 3032aeddd85e: "staging: unisys: Convert bus functions to
> pass bus_info pointer around" from May 13, 2015, leads to the
> following Smatch complaint:
>
> drivers/staging/unisys/visorbus/visorchipset.c:971 bus_responder()
> 	 warn: variable dereferenced before check 'p' (see line 969)
>
> drivers/staging/unisys/visorbus/visorchipset.c
>    968		bool need_clear = false;
>    969		u32 bus_no = p->bus_no;

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the feedback.  Both of these issues (this one the other email)
were fixed slightly later in the patchset

"staging: unisys: Convert pending_msg_hdr to a pointer"

I am not sure if you want me to respin this patch or not for that fix.  But
the original intent of this patch was a temporary stepping stone towards the
final solution.  I tried to keep the changes simple and logical without too
much thrashing.  Hence the reason I didn't notice the problem you pointed
out.

The end result of the file is fixed though.  Let me know your thoughts here.

Cheers,
Don