How to correctly create device attributes in a platform driver?

Josef Holzmayr holzmayr at rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Fri May 22 09:04:30 UTC 2015

Howdy!

I’m currently working on a platform_driver, where I want an attribute_group to be in effect for every platforn_device that went through the corresponding .probe() call. Now http://kroah.com/log/blog/2013/06/26/how-to-create-a-sysfs-file-correctly/ suggests to set this in the struct device, but as far as I understand it, this struct is already passed to me. So where can I feed it earlier in the instantiation? Or do I have to resort to sighs_create_group()?

Thanks,
J. Holzmayr

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11