Anybody working on rtl8712?

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at googlemail.com
Thu May 21 16:35:21 UTC 2015

On Thursday, May 21, 2015 12:57:40 PM Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> On 05/07/2015 12:37 AM, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>
> > Christian Lamparter <chunkeey at googlemail.com> writes:
>
> >> But as I mentioned before: "I would recommend adding just a _friendly_
> >> printk"
>
> > I'm happy adding a printk - what would you like it to say?
>
> Christian, ping!
pong!

> BTW, why rtl8192su is not inside the kernel yet?
Should it? It's an unfinished driver for a crappy device.

> Is there any drawback?
The firmware it uses was extracted from the windows driver.
The ones in linux-firmware.git would just crash. I don't
know, whenever this is due to bad driver programming or not.
I tried the quirks found in the vendor driver code but
without any success. The result is, that device works just
as bad as with rtl8712. So, I'm not interested to push
this driver into the kernel.

Regards,
  Christian