Clarification for the use of additional fields in the message body

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 8 13:46:33 UTC 2015

> Is there truly no way to simplify that process?

I see some software development possibilities which could improve
the communication with high volume mailing lists.

> You should be sending the patches directly with SMTP using git-send-email,

This tool is also fine for the publishing of a lot of patches.

> if you're not, then you're making things overly complicated for yourself.

But I prefer a graphical user interface for my mail handling so far.

> Having a feature doesn't mean that it should be used.

Does any of the "questionable functionality" get occasionally overlooked
a bit too often?

Regards,
Markus