staging: fbtft: CONFIG_ARCH_BCM2708?

Noralf Trønnes notro at tronnes.org
Tue Jan 20 11:11:26 UTC 2015

Den 20.01.2015 09:46, skrev Paul Bolle:
> Thomas, Noralf,
>
> Your commit c296d5f9957c ("staging: fbtft: core support") is included in
> today's linux-next (ie, next-20150120). I noticed because a script I use
> to check linux-next spotted a problem in it.
>
> See, that commit adds two checks for CONFIG_ARCH_BCM2708. But there's no
> Kconfig symbol ARCH_BCM2708. (A comment in
> drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-bcm2835.c does suggest there's an out of tree
> "Main bcm2708 linux port".)
>
> Is the code to add the Kconfig symbol ARCH_BCM2708 queued somewhere?
Hi Paul,

ARCH_BCM2708 is used instead of ARCH_BCM2835 in the Raspberry Pi kernel
fork.
The optimization code enabled by ARCH_BCM2708 in
drivers/staging/fbtft/fbtft-io.c can be removed.
There will be another take on the I/O stage for those drivers later.

I can make a patch for this. Just need to find out how to setup git to
send paches for me.

Thanks for spotting this.

Noralf.