Question about patches for bcm

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Thu Jun 26 14:42:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a question related to some patches I send in.

(I send them to devel at driverdev.osuosl.org, but they show up in the
archives of this list... so I'm asking here)

I send 6 patch sets since the beginning of the month. Some of them
where reviewed, some not. None of them is upstream by now. Did
something got stuck?

I did some research and found a message in the archives[0] related to
the bcm driver. It seems that there is still work in progress on this
driver, so I guess my patches are not obsolete, right?

I have more cleanup patchsets for this driver lying around (about 70
patches overall, ca 1/4 already submitted but not yet applied).
I don't want to send all of them at once, as this just leads to
confusion (as they are split up into 13 branches/patchsets).

I almost patched all files in the driver. My second iteration would
contain some refactoring of the type / member names, moving headers
around, maybe splitting files, etc. Is this okay for you?

Is there someone out there who actively works on the driver? Maybe I
could send my patches to this person instead to the ML, so we can
sync up our workflow to get this stuff done faster?

[0]: http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/driverdev-devel/2014-June/052454.html

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,