[Suggestion] drivers: staging: dgrp: dgrp_net_ops.c: 'buf' is used without initialized.

Chen Gang gang.chen.5i5j at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 10:45:45 UTC 2014

On 01/23/2014 11:16 PM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 01:05:46PM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 03:27:55PM +0530, Rashika Kheria wrote:
>>> Should I attempt to rectify the code in handle_data_in_packet() ?
>>
>> Yes, please.
>>

> What ever happened with this?

Sorry, I don't known.

> It sort of too late now and I think we should just revert b73db5475048
> ('Staging: dgrp: Refactor the function dgrp_receive() in
> drrp_net_ops.c')

For me, it is necessary to revert firstly.

I have started this 'Suggestion', so if still can not get response from
related members, I will/should process it (after revert it, I will
analyse it and try to provide a new fix for it).

And really sorry, I have no enough time resources to focus on upstream
kernel in this month, so I plan to finish it within next month (2014-02-28).

BTW: my current related time resources are:

  2014-01: make driver, user mode library, and Java demo under android.

  In Chinese Festival, I have time resource to upstream kernel and qemu.

  2014-02: migrate diver, library, and develop an obj-C demo to iphone.

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

Open, share and attitude like air, water and life which God blessed