status of sbe-2t3e3 staging driver?

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Mon Jan 13 14:05:29 UTC 2014

Hi Greg,

Greg KH <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org> writes:

> It's been pointed out to me that there hasn't been any forward
> development on the sbe-2t3e3 in almost a year now.  Is development dead,
> and I should delete it, or are you planning on doing more work on it
> soon so that it can be merged out of the staging tree?

To be honest, I'm not sure how to solve this. The reason I wanted the
2T3E3 driver in the "staging" was I also wanted to write a new hdlc/sync
serial/etc. management layer, dealing in a uniform way with all those
physical line, L2 protocol, timings and what-not settings.
But the sync serial interfaces are more and more obsolete, and there are
much more interesting things to write, so the new management layer never
happened.

Last time I checked, the driver was functional and the code was
reasonable, so perhaps the best course of action would be to move it out
to the regular network WAN drivers directory.

I need to get it through netdev@ I guess.
--
Krzysztof Halasa