My new email + some notes on mt7601

parthsane at laer.in parthsane at laer.in
Sun Dec 7 04:38:16 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-06 17:51, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 09:54:29AM +0000, parthsane at laer.in wrote:
>> Hi again,
>> Please note my new email parthsane at laer.in . Also If you guys don't
>> know
>> there's a working source supplied by mediatek for mt7601. Please find
>> the
>> attached tarball. Also please apply this patch I mentioned about
>> earlier.
>> It's at https://gist.github.com/Boggartfly/b18bd86b8eb60fabe160
>>
>> rt_linux.h has the following path in the driver directory.
>>
>> /include/os/rt_linux.h
>>
>> After you replace the patched file everything works and compiles
>> successfully!! Any pointers on what should be done to make it kernel
>> compatible?
>
> Let's wait to see if we have a "real" driver support working in the
> tree
> soon before adding this huge driver to staging, where it will take a
> long time to clean up and get merged "properly".
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Hi Greg,
I actually wanted to help out cleaning the driver but I have no idea
where to start(my first patch, but I can code). What exactly do you mean
by "real" support? If you know someone I could collaborate with them. I
really want to help out, but I don't know what you're looking out for.
Lemme know.
-Parth