Ralink 6570 / Mediatek MT7601STA (was Re: Addition of a wifi kernel module to the linux source tree)

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Thu Dec 4 08:28:13 UTC 2014

El 04/12/14 a les 02:24, Greg Kroah-Hartman ha escrit:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 06:55:12PM +0000, Parth Sane wrote:
>> Hi Greg,
>> You can find the source code attached as a tarball. It works and I have tested
>> it myself. You only need to use make and make install for this.
>
> This really looks like a variant of some existing devices, the rt2x00,
> Ralink driver.

FWIW, if this is the mediatek supplied driver (was this
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-driver-devel/msg57929.html the
original message?), it has been discussed here before. It works (when
patched[*]) but (IMHO) it's not suitable for kernel inclusion.

[*] I collected those patches plus a couple I made to make it work with
big endian architecture here:

https://code.google.com/p/mt7601-openwrt/source/browse/#hg%2Fpatches

Bye
--