[PANIC, hyperv] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff880077800004 (hv_ringbuffer_write)

KY Srinivasan kys at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 27 23:13:47 UTC 2014

That is good to hear. I was under the impression that this issue would be
resolved with all the cleanup we have done. The last patch-set I posted
earlier today has the fix for vmbus_open  bug that Dexuan had identified.

If you could try with the BUG_ON elimination patch-set I sent out earlier
today with the fix in hv.c that I had sent that would be great.

> How come previous alignment efforts weren't working out?
I have chosen to always allocate a page and so alignment won't be
an issue. I want to eliminate failure in this path and so, I will most likely
do a per-cpu pre-allocation of this buffer.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help us debug these issues.

Regards,

K. Y