staging/rtl8192[eu]

Julia Lawall julia.lawall at lip6.fr
Wed Aug 6 10:18:14 UTC 2014

Hello,

Is anyone actually interested in the files:

drivers/staging/rtl8192e/rtllib_softmac.c
drivers/staging/rtl8192u/ieee80211/ieee80211_softmac.c

Both contain the following code:

        if (param->u.wpa_ie.len > MAX_WPA_IE_LEN ||
           (param->u.wpa_ie.len && param->u.wpa_ie.data == NULL))
                return -EINVAL;

and

       if (param->u.crypt.alg != NULL) {
                memcpy(sec.keys[param->u.crypt.idx],
                       param->u.crypt.key,
                       param->u.crypt.key_len);

In each case, the NULL test has a trivial result, because the requested
field is an array inlined within a structure.  In the first case, the
array has size 0, so I guess the intent is to see whether some more space
has been allocated, and in the second case the array contains a string, so
I guess the intent is to see whether something has been stored in the
string.  But I don't know how it is intended to do either operation.

julia