r8192e_pci driver broken 3.14+

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Fri Apr 18 20:35:02 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 01:36:19PM -0400, Sean MacLennan wrote:
> Commit 198e0d17c on November 2 by Rashika Kheria breaks the r8192e_pci
> driver on my laptop.

This patch went through the intern code review process and not the
normal code review process.  The changelog didn't justify why changing
endianness was correct.

Normally I would have expected something like:

"These data types are used by the hardware so little endian is expected.
For most users this change is a no-op and the code works as is."

I really think the intern review process should subliment the normal
code review instead of replacing it.  We have seen many bugs introduced
when we skip the normal review.

regards,
dan carpenter