staging-next: r8723au: Kconfig related nitpicks

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Mon Apr 7 15:49:50 UTC 2014

On 04/07/2014 04:08 AM, Paul Bolle wrote:
> Larry,
>
> 0) I stumbled on two minor Kconfig related issues in the r8723au driver
> in staging-next.
>
> 1) drivers/staging/rtl8723au/include/drv_types.h
> Why is CONFIG_BR_EXT used? I couldn't find a Kconfig symbol BR_EXT nor a
> preprocessor define for CONFIG_BR_EXT.
>
> 2) drivers/staging/rtl8723au/os_dep/ioctl_cfg80211.c
> And why is CONFIG_DEBUG_CFG80211 used? I also couldn't find a Kconfig
> symbol DEBUG_CFG80211 nor a preprocessor define for
> CONFIG_DEBUG_CFG80211.
>
> The symbols CFG80211_REG_DEBUG and CFG80211_DEBUGFS do exist, but seem
> unrelated.

Paul,

You and Jes seem to have sorted this out while I was sleeping. There was a rush
to get the driver "ready" for staging, and some things were missed. If you want
to see how far we got, clone the git repo at
http://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723au.git and compare the code in commit 232b4c1
with the current HEAD in the kernel_version branch. Despite all those changes,
there is still a lot to do.

Larry