[RFC 0/2] Replace user-defined types with C defined types

Lisa Nguyen lisa at xenapiadmin.com
Mon Oct 28 08:35:47 UTC 2013

Before I continue cleaning up the files for the bcm driver, I
am asking for feedback to make sure the changes I've proposed
so far are acceptable.

In the staging/bcm/Typedefs.h file, the original code included
these user-defined types:

#define FALSE 0
typedef char BOOLEAN;

It wouldn't make sense for one to define FALSE when there is
a C defined false keyword available. Same goes with BOOLEAN
when there is a C defined bool type available as well. I
chose to remove these two lines from Typedefs.h and made the
replacements in other header and source files.

My main concern is to make sure that I didn't alter the logic
in each file I modified. The primary goal is to remove any
redundancy.

Questions and comments are highly encouraged. Thanks in
advance.

Lisa Nguyen (2):
  staging: bcm: Replace BOOLEAN with bool
  staging: bcm: Replace FALSE with false

 drivers/staging/bcm/Adapter.h             | 118 ++++++++++++------------
 drivers/staging/bcm/Bcmchar.c             |  44 ++++-----
 drivers/staging/bcm/Bcmnet.c              |   2 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/CmHost.c              |  60 ++++++------
 drivers/staging/bcm/CmHost.h              |   2 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/DDRInit.c             |   2 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/HandleControlPacket.c |  12 +--
 drivers/staging/bcm/IPv6Protocol.c        |  28 +++---
 drivers/staging/bcm/InterfaceDld.c        |   4 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/InterfaceIdleMode.c   |   4 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/InterfaceInit.c       |  20 ++--
 drivers/staging/bcm/InterfaceIsr.c        |  12 +--
 drivers/staging/bcm/InterfaceMisc.c       |   8 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/InterfaceRx.c         |  22 ++---
 drivers/staging/bcm/InterfaceRx.h         |   2 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/InterfaceTx.c         |  26 +++---
 drivers/staging/bcm/LeakyBucket.c         |   8 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/Misc.c                |  68 +++++++-------
 drivers/staging/bcm/PHSModule.c           |  34 +++----
 drivers/staging/bcm/PHSModule.h           |   4 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/Prototypes.h          |  12 +--
 drivers/staging/bcm/Qos.c                 | 102 ++++++++++----------
 drivers/staging/bcm/Transmit.c            |   4 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/Typedefs.h            |   4 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/led_control.c         |  38 ++++----
 drivers/staging/bcm/nvm.c                 | 148 +++++++++++++++---------------
 drivers/staging/bcm/vendorspecificextn.c  |   2 +-
 drivers/staging/bcm/vendorspecificextn.h  |   2 +-

1.8.1.2