VME-driver: Memory leak in module 'vme.c', function 'vme_dma_free'

De Roo, Steven steven.deroo at arcelormittal.com
Mon Jun 3 09:57:22 UTC 2013

Dear Martyn,

I think there is a memory leak in module 'vme.c', function 'vme_dma_free'.
'kfree(resource)' is not called after unlocking the mutex...

I have no experience in patching Linux stuff,
so would you please be so kind to patch this ?

Kind regards,
Steven De Roo

PS: I found out about this after performing lots of DMA-transfers,
which finally lead to out-of-memory problems and a system freeze...
Using 'slabinfo', I can now see that the problem is gone with this fix.