More bugs in vme

ternaryd ternaryd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 07:36:25 UTC 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:21:45 +0300
Dan Carpenter <dan.carpenter at oracle.com> wrote:

> Yeah.  Sorry, if you can't reproduce the lockups on a stock kernel
> then there isn't anything we can do.

As I think you have suggested, I have enabled all kernel options
seemingly related to lockdep. The boot messages seem to indicate that
everything is OK ("all 218 testcases passed"), but the final result
doesn't change. It's a hard lockup, the busy led on the card is on and
the ethernet led indicates activity, although it doesn't respond
anymore. This happens always while using lseek and write on a
previously configured master window with a base address that actually
exists. The test program (attached previous message) uses lots of
lseeks and writes, so the context is the same, but the freezing point
varies. Is there something else I can do?

Thanks for any hint,

--
Christoph