staging tree now closed for 3.9

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Feb 9 00:01:18 UTC 2013

Hi all,

With the release of the 3.8-rc7 kernel, I think it's time to close the
staging tree for new features / cleanups for 3.9.  So I'm closing my
tree, and will only be applying obvious bugfixes or regressions to it
until 3.9-rc1 comes out.

You can keep sending me patches for the tree that don't fit the "bugfix"
category, but note that I'll be storing them away to wait for 3.9-rc1
comes out, which might be a few weeks, so please be patient.

The staging tree right now contains 739 patches, and the diffstat
summary is:
we actually deleted more lines than added, despite numerous new drivers
being added, a very nice job to everyone involved.