staging: comedi: USB devs not working / some comedi core reorganization

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Wed Dec 25 09:27:16 UTC 2013

On 20/12/13 23:48, Bernd Porr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> here is another patch which fixes a kernel warning where a subdevice is
> released which no longer exists. The subdevice was removed before the
> main comedi device. The functions for the main dev removal and the
> subdevice were in different files/modules, were called from different
> subsystems and I've moved them together to make sure the order is right.
>
> There is still a problem that the subdevices are sometimes not generated
> at boot time (cold boot) but hotplug does. I don't get any error
> messages though so firmware load is probably not the problem. I've put
> loads of the printk in it but then the error disappears (!). Seems to be
> a very tight race condition.
>
> /Bernd

Hi Bernd,

I won't be able to look at this until the new year, but it looks like it
will will break detachment via the COMEDI_DEVCONFIG ioctl (as used by
comedi_config -r /dev/comedi0).  Also, I've no idea what git tree/branch
you're based on.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>        )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-