staging: comedi: USB devs not working / some comedi core reorganization

Bernd Porr mail at berndporr.me.uk
Tue Dec 10 11:48:19 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've just checked out after a while the newest RC kernel and the
usb-auto config/attach is broken. Seems so that the driver specific usb
attach is no longer called and no firmware is loaded. Hartly, can you
point me to the code bits which should call the driver spcific attach or
give a short summary how that should work? I had a look at the git logs
but there are quite lot of subsequent changes. Can you give me some
guidance because it has changed a lot since I had a look at it the last
time. I don't have much time this week but can crack on next week re
that and test that thoroughly. Just now none of my DUX boards work at
all. They all have the same problem that there are zero subdevices and
the firmware is not loaded so I assume that the driver specific attach
is not called.

/Bernd
--
www:    http://www.berndporr.me.uk/