[Suggestion] drivers: staging: dgrp: dgrp_net_ops.c: 'buf' is used without initialized.

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Tue Dec 10 10:05:46 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 03:27:55PM +0530, Rashika Kheria wrote:
> Should I attempt to rectify the code in handle_data_in_packet() ?

Yes, please.

So, one thing that I notice is that people freak out when they introduce
a bug and send a string of panicked buggy patches to try fix it.
Ideally, you could write a fix by some time tomorrow or the next day.
If not, then we could just revert the original patch which relieves the
pressure so you don't have a hard deadline and can take your time with
the fix.  It's not the end of the world if we have to do that.

regards,
dan carpenter