octeon-usb and dwc2 in staging are for the same hw

David Daney ddaney.cavm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 23:00:38 UTC 2013

On 08/16/2013 02:07 PM, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 08:51:57PM +0000, Paul Zimmerman wrote:

octeon-usb doesn't support device mode operation, only host mode.

As far as host mode operation is concerned, I know of no deficiencies.

If all the problems RaspberryPi users have had with the DWC2 driver have
been fixed, I have no problem with making OCTEON work with that driver.
  Otherwise, to say that octeon-usb has shortcomings is a bit disingenuous.

I haven't been following DWC2 driver development, so I don't really know
its current status.

David Daney