vme_ca91cx42.c

Martyn Welch martyn.welch at ge.com
Mon Sep 24 10:00:17 UTC 2012

On 20/09/12 15:13, gschreck at beyondelectronics.us wrote:

> We are currently attempting to write a validation suite for the
> vme_ca91cx42 driver (Tundra Universe currently in staging) and are looking
> for starting points.  I have found a significant amount of code and
> documentation, but am unsure what is current.  Any pointers would be
> greatly appreciated.

Hi George,

There is an in-kernel API. This is documented in the vme_api.txt file found in
Documentation/ (or drivers/staging/vme for older kernels, prior to the
migration from staging).

The user space module only supports features that can be sanely used from user
space (so no interrupt support for example). This module is also still in
staging and is likely to change a lot before being in an acceptable state to
leave staging.

Hope that helps,

Martyn

> Thank you,
>
> George
>
> George Schreck
> C.T.O.
>
> Beyond Electronics Corporation
> www.beyondelectronics.us
> ph 919-231-8000 ext 400

Martyn Welch (Lead Software Engineer)  | Registered in England and Wales
GE Intelligent Platforms               | (3828642) at 100 Barbirolli Square
T +44(0)1327322748                     | Manchester, M2 3AB
E martyn.welch at ge.com                  | VAT:GB 927559189