[RFC 2/3] mei: unstaging mei driver

Winkler, Tomas tomas.winkler at intel.com
Mon Mar 19 20:32:29 UTC 2012

> > > What ever happened to this item?
> >
> > This is basically splitting the mei_timer delayed work so it doesn't
> > have to tick each 2 second but only when there is something pending.
>
> That would be good to solve, don't you think?  It will save power, and for lots
> of devices, waking up every 2 seconds is noticable.

Yes it would great and we will definitely do it but frankly I never seen it high on the power list
even on the idle system. The users who really want this go to mainline are actually from the severs world
were this is a bit less an issue.

> > It's not some stability issue so please let me know if you think it is
> > appropriate to fix it after we go out of staging.
> > If I will try to push few patches this week as the time allows me.
>
> It's too late for the 3.4 merge window now, sorry, that's closed.  But for 3.5, it
> would be good to have this done.

Yeah I kind slept under rock and haven't noticed that v3.3 is already out anyway please
 reconsider my previously posted unstaging patches were out for few weeks.

Thanks
Tomas