crystalhd: not working

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Mon Jun 18 21:43:58 UTC 2012

included them on the CC list.  I'm not the maintainer.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:18:51PM +0200, TH wrote:
> Dear Dan,
>
> Since Linux 3.4 asm/system.h is not present anymore. This header is used in:
>
> crystalhd/driver/linux/crystalhd_lnx.h (line 48)
> crystalhd/driver/linux/crystalhd_misc.h (line 38)
>
> Removing these includes doesn't help; it compiles sucessfully after that, but
> it doesn't work anymore - I can modprobe crystalhd but mplayer doesn't want to
> use it.

It sounds like you are using the out of tree driver (the one that
has to be downloaded and compiled separately) instead of the
kernel.org driver.  The kernel.org version should have compiled fine
without modification I would hope.

Could you please confirm that you are using the kernel.org version?
Did the driver work in the 3.3 release of the kernel?

regards,
dan carpenter