[RFC patches] staging: bcm: Large cleanups

Joe Perches joe at perches.com
Tue Jan 10 08:28:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 11:13 +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 09:55:38PM -0800, Joe Perches wrote:
> > I did some more cleanup work on BCM.
> > I think the patch series is too large to post. (2.2MB)
> >

> 34 patches?  Greg sneezes patch series way larger than that.  The
> bad bit is that the merge window is open and all so the timing is
> not great...
>
> The other person besides Johannes who was working on this is Kevin
> McKinney.  Kevin have the cleanup patches you sent been merged into
> linux-next?
>
> It would be great if we could merge that though.

Hmm.  Drat.  A bit of bad timing on my part
starting a cleanup to bcm without having
applied Kevin's first.

Kevin's patch series to CmHost.c have not been
applied.  My series is to all of bcm/ and have
conflicts with Kevin's.

I think what I did is larger and more comprehensive
than Kevin's and should be applied first.  This
will require a bit of rework to his series.