RTL8187SE Driver

Christopher Harrington ironiridis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 18:25:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 13:20, Prashant Shah <pshah.mumbai at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Christopher Harrington
> <ironiridis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't have the git tree sitting on a local drive, is there a way I
>> could view this via HTTP? I'm not familiar with kernel development,
>> sorry.
>
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux

Thanks! That was exactly what I needed to know.

The relevant (and most recent) commit is here:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/84ba253b07a3d8e58160690320e9cfbe199bb88e

Greg is correct, the intention was to force the driver to only be
built as a module. Unfortunately this isn't the way to go about it, as
the Kconfig will still allow you to build the driver into the kernel
if modules are enabled.

I would prefer, instead, making the three drivers mutually exclusive
until the conflicting issue is resolved. Would a patch for that be
welcome here?

--
-Chris Harrington
Phone: 612.326.4248