Staging submission: PCTV 80e and PCTV 74e drivers (was Re: Problems cloning the git repostories)

Stefan Richter stefanr at s5r6.in-berlin.de
Tue Sep 27 19:33:00 UTC 2011

On Sep 27 Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 09:44:09AM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
> > Adding Cc: staging maintainer and mailinglist.
> >
> > On Sep 26 Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> > >
> > > PULL http://kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/v4l-dvb-80e/
> > > PULL http://kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/v4l-dvb-as102-2/
>
> I can't do that as I need some commit messages in a format we can accept
> (i.e. your directory structure doesn't match what we need in the kernel
> tree from what I can tell.)
[...]
> As the drivers don't seem to be touched in way over a year, odds are the
> code isn't going to be able to build as-is, so it will require some
> changes for basic issues.
>
> And I'll glady accept patches for the staging tree.  Also note that
> we've just created a drivers/staging/media/ tree to house lots of
> different v4l drivers that are being worked on in the staging tree to
> help coordinate this type of work better.

The conversion into patches with proper changelog, fitting directory
structure, and basic build-ability in current staging is exactly
the first step for which a volunteer is sought (next would then be the
cleanup associated with staging->mainline transition); Devin noted that he
is not going to dedicate time for these types of tasks.  (I for one also
won't; still got plenty to do in some other drivers...)
--
Stefan Richter