MEI Driver - Moving to Main tree

Greg KH gregkh at suse.de
Thu Sep 22 16:28:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 04:43:45PM +0300, Weil, Oren jer wrote:
> Hello Greg.
>
> Yesterday I have submitted the last patch of our effort to cleanup, order and stabilize the MEI driver.
> As we see it the driver is stable and ready to move to main tree.
> The last task that was left in the TODO (splitting of the driver timer) is task that is not related stability of the driver,
> it is part of preparing the driver infrastructure to better support newer HW in the future.
>
> I would like to move the driver to main tree, what do you think?

The user/kernel interface to this driver is quite confusing to me.
Where is it documented as to how this all works, and where are the
userspace tools that integrate into this?

You seem to use both sysfs and ioctls, why the mix?

And what happened to the in-kernel api that you were going to do, why
did you remove that from the TODO file?